sometimes the words I use to express my journey need some decoding, while this blog likely wont decode me completely...I intend to have it scratch the surface atleast. there are simply points in my life I find hard to say, something about loving, trusting, depending on and/or relying on people makes me an eirie kind of weak in the knees and sick in the pit of my stomach.
welcome to the rantings of a jaded soul far too early in life.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

If ever...

If ever I'd hope that love would be enough
it would surely be now as I sit here in this wedding gown
tears falling down.

If ever I'd hope that faith would be enough
it would surely be now as I sit broken in this church pew
with you.

If ever I'd hope that wisdom would be enough
it would surely be now as I recognize all that I know
hopeful it will show.

If ever I'd hope that this life would be enough
it would surely be now as I cherish what is true
before I am without you.

If ever I'd hope that enough would be enough
it would surely be now when life has fill-ith my cup to the brim
and I fear I cannot swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment