sometimes the words I use to express my journey need some decoding, while this blog likely wont decode me completely...I intend to have it scratch the surface atleast. there are simply points in my life I find hard to say, something about loving, trusting, depending on and/or relying on people makes me an eirie kind of weak in the knees and sick in the pit of my stomach.
welcome to the rantings of a jaded soul far too early in life.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Musicallities

Such a musical day,
I want to remember every song,
but alas I don't,
so very many songs we shared.

We shared so much music,
yet the radio was so little of it,
we shared lyrics of our day,
some so random based on radio,
some so random based on topics,
something so random based on nothing.

This touch of music between us,
commonality,
drawing us in,
pushing us past comfort,
strange and new,
how'd it happen,
it's a miracle,
after all that's your name,
right.

Trying to piece it together,
tear it apart,
enough to figure out the song's name,
enough to understand why it came up,
enough to explain where it came from,
enough to explain why it is important.

What if I told you it was all meant to be,
would you believe me,
would you agree?

Everything changes but beauty remains,
something so tender I can't explain.
-Kelly Clarkson "A Moment Like This"


How can it not be,
meeting someone who,
makes you feel free to be,
who makes you feel appreciated,
who smirks and thinks others crazy,
at the though of you're the first...
person to treat me well, really.

So everything has changed,
the understanding that it's deserve,
the understanding that you are different,
the understand that this is what I want,
despite what it may be,
feeling treated well,
like a person with you.
You say you're here to make others smile,
mission successful!

The song that drug us in,
into our game of lyrical determination,
what is that song,
how does it go again,
and we started to piece it together,
first lyric of the song we got,
not in order though,

When you're on the phone
Hang up and you call right back
U got, u got it bad
If you miss a day without your friend
Your whole life's off track
You know you got it bad when you're stuck in the house
You don't wanna have fun
It's all you think about

the original lyric that stared it all from me,
U got it bad when you're out with someone
But you keep on thinkin' bout somebody else
U got it bad

and then the chime in of you,
When you say that you love 'em
And you really know
Everything that used to matter, don't matter no more
Like my money, all my cars
Flowers, cards and candy
Said I'm fortunate to have you girl
I want you to know
I really adore you

and once it started it never stopped...
All my people who know what's going on
Look at your mate, help me sing my song
Tell her I'm your man, you're my girl
I'm gonna tell it to the whole wide world
Ladies say I'm your girl, you're my man
Promise to love you the best I can,
-Usher "U Got It Bad"

we decided it was only appropriate then to YouTube it,
listened to the whole thing through!

Looking out the windows at that snow and traffic,
came the lyrics of the day's descriptions,
a song new to me but appropriate,
Such a lonely day
And it's mine
The most loneliest day in my life,
Such a lonely day
And it's mine
It's a day that I am glad I survived. 

-System of a Down "Loneliest Day of My Life"
the song went on,
but this was what we really took to!

Random favorites,
I'd forgotten about,
still hitting your register,
brought back to me,
I’m on the outside
I’m looking in
I can see through you
See your true colors
Cause inside you’re ugly
You’re Ugly like me
I can see through you
See to the real you
-Staind "Outside"
The lyrics I recalled,
the lyrics that we screamed.

It was among the few,
the few that we listened to,
that happened upon us,
from the radio speakers,
"Just the Way You Are"-Bruno Mars,
hit a sync,
without meaning to,
I signed it,
you noticed,
interestingly fun time,
a single interesting interaction,
who'd've guessed,
no one ever notices that.

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile,
cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

A grand turning point,
where our sing along,
became don't forget the lyrics,
and the musical of our day,
took root.

I was thinkin' about her, thinkin' bout me!
Thinkin' 'bout us, what we gonna be.
Open my eyes, it was only just a dream.
So, I travel back, down the road.
When she'll come back? No one knows.
I realized that it was only just a dream.
-Usher? Nelly? "Just a Dream"

Last to be mentioned,
second to be heard,
only to not really matter,
the beat was great,
made us start our Usher debate,
fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment