sometimes the words I use to express my journey need some decoding, while this blog likely wont decode me completely...I intend to have it scratch the surface atleast. there are simply points in my life I find hard to say, something about loving, trusting, depending on and/or relying on people makes me an eirie kind of weak in the knees and sick in the pit of my stomach.
welcome to the rantings of a jaded soul far too early in life.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Come On, And Learn Me

To the tune of Come On, Get Higher by Matt Nathanson

I hate the sound of my voice,
I love the soft of my skin,
I hate the curves of my body,
not a reflexion of what's within'. 

Oh if I could walk on water, 
if I could tell you who I am,
I'd make you believe,
you'd help me forget.

So come on and learn me, 
loosen my grips,
love and acceptance,
oh the words from your lips.
Just pull me down hard,
and drown me in love.

So come on and learn me, 
loosen my grips,
love and acceptance,
oh the words from your lips.
Just pull me down hard,
and drown me in love.

I hate the sound of my voice,
loudest thing in my head,
and I ache to remember,
all the judging, cold, hurtful words that they said.
If I could walk on water, 
if I could tell you who I am,
I'd make you believe, 
you'd help me forget.

So come on and learn me, 
loosen my grips,
love and acceptance,
oh the words from your lips.
Just pull me down hard,
and drown me in love.

So come on and learn me, 
loosen my grips,
love and acceptance,
oh the words from your lips.
Just pull me down hard,
and drown me in love.

I hate the look in their eyes,
I taste the spite in their tone,
I see allies and haters and God,
when I speak up, 
shout out, 
shout out, 
shout out, 
shout out,
screamin' sha la la la la,
screamin' sha la la la la la,

So come on and learn me, 
loosen my grips,
love and acceptance,
oh the words from your lips.
Just pull me down hard,
and drown me in love.

So come on and learn me, 
loosen my grips,
love and acceptance,
oh the words from your lips.
Just pull me down hard,
and drown me,
drown me in love.

So wrong,
so wrong,
so wrong,
so right. 
So come on and learn me.
So come on and learn me.
Cause everyone learns,
yes, everyone learns in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment